Friday, October 10, 2014

Doris Day; seriously?

Pondering
12 x 16
oil/cold wax 

So I was in the midst of my morning meditation, launching my daily blessings to my loves and my fears, breathing in, breathing out, and just as my iPhone alarm began to buzz, out of nowhere came Doris Day, singing; 

Que Sera, sera, whatever will be, will be. 
The future's not ours to see 
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be.

At first I kind of laughed and thought, "Doris Day! Seriously?"
But then I realized, this is the message I have been reading, repeatedly, over the last several months, in a stack of different books.

For instance, this morning I finished, Outrageous Openness by Tasha Silver. In the middle of her book is a prayer:


Let what wants to come, come.
Let what wants to go, go.
If it is mine, it will stay.
If not, whatever is better
will replace it.


The Eternal Spirit of the Universe is telling me the answer is always the same:

Let go. 


Two simple words with all the power to be divinely illuminating.

So,why use Doris Day as the messenger? When I was just a little girl....truly, my mother and I would sing acapella harmony in the kitchen while doing dishes. She washed. I dried. One of our favorite songs was Que Sera, Sera.

1 comment: