Sunday, November 2, 2014

Seeing without seeing

Black Square
8 x 6 inches
Acrylic on board

Abstraction allows [artist] man to see with his mind what he cannot physically see with his eyes.
Abstract art enables the artist to perceive beyond the tangible to extract the infinite out of the finite.
It is the emancipation of the mind. It is the explosion into unknown areas. - Arshile Gorky

Perhaps this is why, like a dancer to a song, I am lured, I am drawn, I am pulled inside, with terrific force, into abstraction. 

I watch with amazement 
as my brush dances across the canvas- 
take a chance, 
make the mark, 
stand back; 
either love it 
or hate it,

Begin another stanza- 
and continue, 
until my mind sees, 
not with my eyes, 
but with my heart 
and with fearless knowing, 
acceptance; 
it is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment